We are searching for a talented tenancy lettings manager to join out team.
We are excited - are you ?
Mackay Property have an exciting opportunity in the lettings department. We are looking for a professional, approachable person to join our team and work in the lettings team – ideally with a background in property management.
A bit about us
Mackay Property are a high street agent in the heart of Sawbridgeworth with a young and passionate team. We pride ourselves on our innovative and exciting marketing techniques as well as our great knowledge on our sector and local area. Speaking of local area – we are committed to playing a part in local events, getting to know other local businesses and sponsoring local schools. We are proud to be running our two Facebook groups - #LoveSawbridgeworth and #LoveBishopsStortford – a place for fellow residents to get together and talk all things local events and more.
Our team is made up of enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about helping local home-movers move to the next chapter of their lives. Whether they are buying a house, selling, renting or have decided to let their property – we are here to help. We offer friendly and honest advice and pride ourselves on providing an excellent service from start to finish – whatever the journey may look like.
Our office is a grade II listed building, full of character with exposed beams throughout. We share our office with our in-house financial advisors – who help many of our clients throughout the process of buying and selling property.
Who we’re looking for
We are very excited to be on the hunt for a new team member – we are looking for someone to help the lettings side of the business with the day to day management of our rental property portfolio. This role will have plenty of opportunity for progression, therefore you must be motivated and keen to progress within your career.
To excel within the lettings and property management industry – you will need to be a well organised, patient and motivated individual who prides themselves on their customer service skills. It is also essential that the candidate has exceptional customer service skills and great communication.
Very strong written and verbal English skills are also essential, as most of the day you will be speaking to people over the phone or by email. Another important trait of an ideal team member at Mackay Property is someone who is innovative and will be happy to contribute to our growing business with new ideas.
The role of a lettings property manager mainly consists of the day-to-day runnings of the lettings properties that we manage for our landlords. This will include answering the phones to existing tenants and landlords as well as prospective tenants and landlords. You will also be booking various appointments with contractors to attend properties that have maintenance issues and you will also be managing the current maintenance issues until they are resolved.
It is the responsibility of the lettings property manager to have a great knowledge of the legislation and compliance necessary for property management – a huge part of our work is making sure that properties are compliant. (The applicant does not need to be 100% prepared with information on all legislation but should have a basic knowledge and be willing and capable of learning).
You will also be booking in appointments and attending viewings for the new lettings properties – encouraging as many potential tenants to look at our properties as possible - to ensure a short void period for the landlord.
Setting up a tenancy will be a large part of the role, including sending tenancy applications to Landlords, referencing potential tenants and arranging move-in dates. You will be in charge of booking inventories, check in’s and check out’s.
The role of a lettings tenancy manager is extremely varied and no two days are the same. There are plenty of opportunities to take on extra responsibilities within this role and there is no limit to how successful you can be.
Perks of the job
We love making day-to-day life in the office as fun and upbeat as possible. A few of the company perks include:
· 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
· Flexible working days
· Regular team building - activities / meals / evenings out
· Homely office – not a corporate environment
· Access to lots of prop-tech (innovative technology for the property industry)
· Regular 1-1’s with the director
· Regular in house and external training courses for all team members
· Christmas break (only working for a few hours 1-2 days over Christmas)
· We are looking for someone ideally with experience in lettings/property industry
· Someone with evidence of great customer service skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Driving license and own vehicle · Knowledge of local area
· Passion to learn and become better
· Ability to deliver excellent customer service
· Developed time management skills to ensure effective management of own resources
· Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
· Determination to secure new business with focussed action
· Negotiation skills to achieve the best outcome for the business and the customer
· Conflict resolution within own levels of authority
· Positive attitude in all situations
· Chase arrears
· Follow up viewings and feedback to landlords
· Process appointments and feedback to landlord
· Ensure that property maintenance issues are resolved in a timely & cost effective manner Including gas and electrical safety certificates.
· Ensure Landlords are up to date for vacant properties
· Answer all incoming communications (internal and external)
· Deal with customer enquiries effectively (see customer service charter)
· Ensure focus on own development
· Resolve complaints
· Escalate queries outside of own authority level
· Maintain compliance with industry and internal regulations
· Attention to all H&S issues, including hazard and accident reporting
The successful candidate will possess:
· A positive attitude
· Customer facing experience
· Willing to succeed without time being a barrier
· Demonstrate self-development
· Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills
· Must be a Team Player
· Share our core values of passion, integrity, positivity and innovation.
1 - Zoom video interview with Adam and a team member
2 - Zoom/Face to face 2nd interview
3 - Trial zoom/face to face in office 3 hour.
We look forward to hearing from you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tenancy Manager Application Deadline: 03/07/2020
Salary: £22,500.00 to £27,000.00 /year
Monday to Friday