A 60-second speed read that could save you a lot of money.
Here’s a question for you.
Well, there a few things but one that’s guaranteed to happen is heating bills rocket.
More people are at home whether to work, learn or stay safe, which means the thermostat gets turned up to keep everyone warm for longer than usual.
2) Turning your thermostat down by just 1 degree can save you money, and you won’t even notice the temperature difference.
3) Move furniture away from radiators – they block heat getting further into a room.
4) Don’t dry clothes on your radiators – they limit the effectiveness of the heat the rads emit.
5) Think small to save big – letterboxes can let a lot of heat escape, so think about insulating them.
6) Ditch the electric blanket – a hot water bottle is cheaper.
7) Draw the curtains at night and let the sun flood in during the day.
8) Take the advice handed down from dads over the decades and put a warm jumper on when you get cold at home instead of instantly reaching for the thermostat.
At Mackay Property Agents we’re proud to serve the community in Sawbridgeworth and Bishop’s Stortford. That’s why we’ll be sharing regular articles throughout the latest lockdown to help you stay entertained, informed and safe.
Now, where did we put that woolly pullover?
Thanks for reading.
Wonder what your home is worth - click the link below to find out.